Back-up, Share & Restore Features
One of MeMinder’s more powerful functions is the ability to have private groups to share lists with each other.
To create a back-up group on BEAM.CARE:
- Login to BEAM.CARE
- After logging into BEAM, select the system you would like to host backups from
- Then select MeMinder Backups from the black menu column on the left side of the page
- Scroll to the bottom of the meminder backups to a section labeled “Create a new MeMinder backup sharing group“
- Enter the name of the group you want to create, for example: JanitorialTasks
Note: You currently cannot use any special characters or spaces for group names
- Hit submit
- The MeMinder Backups page will refresh as it creates your group
Sharing back-ups to a group
- Now you can select the group you created in the dropdown menu of your backups.
Note: if you have no backups on the system, you can create them from the options menu in MeMinder 3.3, or retrieve them from Publicly Shared Backups section of MeMinder Backups on BEAM
- Select your group on the backup you want to share and press “Share With Group“
- After the page reloads, scroll down to the section “Groups you are a member of“
- You will see the group you created here.
- Press the button with your group name to navigate to the group page
- Here you will see 3 sections:
- The backups section, you will see the backup you added to this group.
- An area where you can invite users by their entering their BEAM username and pressing submit
- Users that are currently in the group, and an option to delete the group.
- If you are the recipient of a group invite, your invitation will appear in at the top of the MeMinder backups page,
- press accept to join the group,
- If you dismiss the invite by mistake, you will have to be reinvited by the group’s owner.