How Can We Help?
Section II: Overview of MyBrain
Overview of My BRAIN
MyBRAIN is a cloud-based tool offering individual and group surveillance data, cued re-assessment, and self-management interventions offered over a protracted period. It serves as a platform for participants to track status over time and connect behaviors to change and progress. Collaborative care teams gather information, review case status, and integrate care recommendations, while working in concert, for the long-term benefit of the participant.
The collection of information for the individual and the cohort allows for:
- Individual and group surveillance
- assessment and re-assessment (see Aappendix XX C for list of assessments)
- risk stratification
- adjustments to the intensity and type of treatment, care and follow-up
- provision of self-management training (see appendix for listing of self-management tools)
- use of data for research on predictors of recovery, stability, decline, and effectiveness of treatment
Benefits to the Participant
- a neutral, avatar-led assessment environment reduces tension and increases data integrity
- the participant has the ability to select the avatar’s gender and ethnicity to increase engagement
- flexibility of delivery – depending on the on comfort level, the participant can take the assessments via mobile device or PC
- the participant has direct access to a self-management intervention portal (MyBRAIN Now) for self-care outside of regular assessment and scheduled intervention times.
Benefits to Providers
- accommodates reassessments at frequencies faster than practical methodologies
- extends care anywhere/anytime
- user friendly dashboard tracks progress and setbacks/challenges
- simplifies documentation and reporting
- integrated communication with other care team members – within the same system and across multiple systems
- participant scores trigger alerts via email and/or text to care team member
- helps participants stay engaged with their care